Friday, September 13, 2013

Teaching is a wonderful thing...

I've been thinking lots about teaching lately, and what makes a good teacher. I wrote a little bit about this in an earlier post. I've come across two other blog posts that have made statements that really resonate with me, the first of these is:


I’m grateful  to work at a school where learning (rather than ‘good teaching’) is valued… - Jina Belnick
Being a good teacher is not just about well prepared lessons…
I am grateful that I now understand that being a teacher is no longer just about a well prepared lesson. For me it has become an understanding of what engaged learners look like; what the curriculum and all its interwoven components require – and how we need to listen to every child to help them to get to know themselves as learners. 
- Jina Belnick (Original post here).
The second of these is:

[teachers] manage to listen and respect children's choices while at the same time creating an atmosphere where children are challenged and feel safe to try new things. - Anna Golden (Original post here).
I love reading blog posts that make you nod and smile and think YES! Teaching is a wonderful thing...
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a piece of your mind behind...