This week I attended professional learning with Jo Williams entitled "Setting up and starting in a NE class".
- Get to know my learners and their families
- Identify whānau aspirations
- Welcome sign in the door
- Name tags
- Prepare for School Entry Assessments
- Prepare for first round of Mutukaroa
- Review 'play' opportunities for students throughout the day - what areas of play am I missing?
- Think about possible 'teacher workshops' throughout the day e.g number bingo, asking questions etc.
- I wonder wall
- Create math games for students
- Source loose parts resources for class
- It really is hard to identify things in the 4th Quadrant. So will leave this section blank for now.
Perhaps the most important takeaway from the day however was the link to Nathan Mikaere Wallis' work - Singing! Moving and Laughing! is the best way to get children engaged.