Monday, November 16, 2015

Sketchnotes

In 2010, I went to my very first Tedx event in Auckland and learned about what I termed back then as "Korero through pictures". Korero means to talk (in Te Reo Maori, NZ's native language). You can read my thoughts here. Five years on I am seeing the notion of "sketchnotes" showing up in my Twitter Feed. This reminds me of a time back in 1998 when I was studying to be a teacher at Auckland College of Education and the lectures suggested reading up on note-taking back then I remember getting a book written by Tony Buzan on Mind Maps. So the new concept of sketchnotes is not so new after all but my twitter feed has prompted me to re-look at this method of taking notes.

Here is a video that I found (short enough for my attention span) that I watched to get an idea of "sketchnotes". I am about to walk into my next Post Graduate Diploma of Education (Literacy) paper this week and am hoping to have a handle on sketch notes by the end of the semester. Keep posted for updates. If you have any examples of sketch notes in education please feel free to share.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a piece of your mind behind...