Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Competing committments

Recently, I blogged about The R Word. I experienced a revelation in identifying my very own competing commitments. I value reliability, its one of my trust facets and is something that I have now come to realise influences all aspects of my life. In my role as Pedagogical Coordinator I also value 'leading from behind'. Empowering others and watching others grow and learn, surpass me even. Kegan and Lahey in "Immunity to Change" call these competing commitments.  As I navigate what this means for me I have found the video below and the following article "The real reason people won't change" helpful. Now that I've identified my competing commitments, figuring out my big assumptions is my next step to becoming more self-aware.

What are your competing commitments? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a piece of your mind behind...