Thursday, August 22, 2013

Mission 31

Last month I blogged about signing up for Skype in the Classroom. Since then I have received a number of emails from various people offering their services to my class. **Cue excitement** I've been contacted by an author, a retired teacher and a scientist.  I've signed the classroom up for Mystery Skype as well where classrooms ask each other questions and from the answers children guess where in the world the other class is.


This morning I received another email from Skype in the Classroom.


Exploring Oceans: dive into a sea of knowledge with Skype this November
Skype in the classroom has partnered with Fabien Cousteau's Mission 31 to bring sea turtles, sharks and ships into your classroom via Skype. We've revealed the first batch of free Skype lessons with special marine experts on our site, with more to come very soon. Click here to book your ocean-themed lesson for November.


I am incredibly excited about these Skype lessons. TKS is located right on the Red Sea with opportunities to go snorkeling on a regular basis and children have access to the beach and marina life. We can easily organise excursions to the beach as a classroom trip. And I can already see links with our Unit of Inquiry - "Communication". When we look at the PYP document and think about the importance of the curriculum being - 'engaging, relevant, significant and challenging' I am looking forward to linking the relevance of Mission 31 to our school community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a piece of your mind behind...