Sunday, November 1, 2015

Did you know?...2014 Remix...#shifthappens

We are living in a world of constant change...how do we best support our children to prepare for a world that is unknown to us?

I have reflected on my transition from a New Zealand Curriculum to the IB Curriculum here and in other places on my blog. I have had 4 of my own children participate in both curriculums. The IB Learner Profile, PYP Attitudes, Approaches to Learning, ACTION, Inquiry, learning about learning… the more and more I come to understand the IB, the more and more I believe it's making a difference.

What are your thoughts on this blog? Is the IB equipping children for their world?



4 comments:

  1. We live in a postmodern world. Our job as educators is to help children learn how to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! I remember reading about post-modernism and the biggest thing I took away was - there is more than one truth.

      Delete
  2. As the great Rabindranath Tagore once said: "Don't limit a child to your own learning for he was born in another time." This is why as teachers, we are forever learners- including learning from children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this quote Kate. We need this on our quote wall.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a piece of your mind behind...