Tuesday, May 17, 2016

What makes a great leader?

At my recent Adaptive Schools PD the quote "Leadership is not a title, it is a function" resonated with me. For years as a regional IT facilitator in New Zealand my aim was to work myself out of a job. To empower the teachers I worked with so they wouldnt need me anymore. I'm thinking about my professional inquiry for next year and wanting to explore the notion of leadership capacity of the teachers in my team. 

I'm not aspiring to be a principal, superintendent, administrator or manager. I'm as removed from the classroom and children as I want to be. The following list found here identifies ground rules for principals, but are just as relevant for teachers, coaches and all members of a school just as they are for appointed leaders in a school. 

Do you have any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a piece of your mind behind...