1. Photos can capture moments in time
2. Photos can provoke emotion
3. Photos can tell stories
This talk then prompted me to re-visit some of my earlier bookmarks about photography, Ive posted about photography here and here. And I often visit the Auckland Festival of Photography site to check out new photos of my hometown, with this image by Manuel Toribio - THE FLIGHT now my new favourite.
I then went back to my starred blog posts from Dean Shareski about his journey of 'a photo a day' for a year. You can find his thoughts on the topic here, here and here. Wesley Fryer also appears in my starred blog posts for his discussion about the Flickr group "Telling a Story with 5 Photos for educators". Their group was inspired by another Flickr Group "Tell a story in 5 frames" which can be found here. I actually first learned of this concept through Ewan McIntosh while in one if his sessions at Ulearn07 in Auckland.
So as you may have gathered I really like photos, Im one of those people, hoping there are more like me where photos in one way or another inspire me, especially artistic-kind-of-abstracy-ones taken by professional photographers. Unfortunately, I'm not too good at taking them myself and dont have a fancy camera or such like to match my enthusiasm, just a cheap digital one that is always set to automatic and very rarely charged. So in light of this mornings research/surfing/inspiration Ive decided to set a belated New Years 2009 resolution. Ive been debating whether or not I should participate in the "A Photo a Day" concept for some time now, purely for my own personal entertainment and in my opinion a wonderful way to sharpen my photography skills (one of the benefits mentioned at PhotoJojo). Ive decided that today I will start my very own library of "One Photo A Day". I'm thinking of uploading to Flickr rather than here on the blog so that I can streamline tag and keep them all organised. Stay tuned or shall I say stay focussed for updates. (Pun totally intended!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a piece of your mind behind...