As I was flicking through my blogroll this evening I stopped to read Garr Reynolds latest post on Presentation Zen titled "The storytelling power of photography". I would usually flick through key words before giving a post my full attention, the key words that struck me were 'storytelling' and 'photography'. I am quietly obssessed with digital storytelling and find myself attracted to any text related to the issue and have recently found myself intrigued with photography as well. So, I couldn't look past the title of this particular post. I am so glad I stopped to read this post. Within the message of Garrs post was the most amazing video I have seen for some time. Heart warming and heart wrenching all at the same time. Please take a few minutes to watch the video embedded below, it will move you!
Welcome to my blog. My name is Naketa Ikihele. This blog has random musings and reflections from various facets of my life. Originally hailing from Aotearoa/New Zealand my passion and addiction for learning has enabled me to dabble in teaching in the private and public sector, nature kindergarten, facilitation, educational technologies in the early years, community projects, leadership roles, collaboration, communities of practice, international teaching and educational coaching.
Hi Naketa
ReplyDeleteWasn't this an amazing TED talk. I watched it a few days ago and ended up with tears down my cheeks. Photos are a power story and show that sometimes words are not necessary. Tara
Gorgeous TedTalk. I have always had an interest in photography but WOW these are just amazing.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing this Naketa - I will be sharing it with others
ReplyDeleteMargaret