Now that I'm working part-time I have been able to dedicate my time to immersing myself in Te Ao Māori. I am loving it! As a whānau, we have felt the pinch financially of me stepping down from the comforts of full-time salary work BUT it has opened up some many more doors for me in terms of living life. This video passed by my FB screen via Maori Minute and I purposely went on to hear Quinton Hita (who was awesome) and found some powerhouse speakers while I was there. See the video and website link below:
My takeaways:
* Quinton shares the knowledge of Te Reo Māori so that when he's 80 he won't be having conversations with himself (what an epic example of servant leadership).
* Are we feeding our teachers - they are so busy serving our tamariki - are we giving them space and time they need to be language experts?
* Education is a journey, not a destination
* Take a risk, our kids deserve it!
My takeaways:
* Quinton shares the knowledge of Te Reo Māori so that when he's 80 he won't be having conversations with himself (what an epic example of servant leadership).
* Are we feeding our teachers - they are so busy serving our tamariki - are we giving them space and time they need to be language experts?
* Education is a journey, not a destination
* Take a risk, our kids deserve it!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a piece of your mind behind...