29 August 2020

Feedback is a gift!

I have just encouraged the tauira (students) I work with to give me some feedback on my teaching craft using the traffic light strategy:

Green - What do you want me to start doing?
Orange - What do you want me to continue doing?
Red - What do you want me to stop doing?

Below is a summary of the points raised. Overall the feedback was positive! (Which is great). I am not surprised at all by the comments that I talk too fast. This is the very same feedback I got over a decade ago from a long time mentor and by my cousin (who I invited to critique me last year). After reflecting on my feedback with my husband, I think it's time to do something about it. I have added the following post-it note to my screen to give me a daily reminder to speak slowly.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a piece of your mind behind...